The Recipe For Making Sweet & Spicy Chicken Thighs.
You can make Sweet & Spicy Chicken Thighs using 13 ingredients in 6 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Sweet & Spicy Chicken Thighs
- Add 1 of green bell pepper, julienned.
- Insert 1/2 of red onion, julienned.
- Prepare 1 of small green chili pepper, minced.
- Fill 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- Prepare 2 of skin-on chicken thighs.
- Fill 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Fill 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add of Ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Kosher salt.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- Fill as needed of Water.
Quick Step To Make Sweet & Spicy Chicken Thighs
- On a warm skillet, add vegetable oil. Once hot, add the minced garlic and green chilli pepper and stir until fragrant, about 20 seconds..
- Next, add the butter and stir until melted. Add the bell pepper and red onion and cook until onions are slightly golden and peppers start to soften..
- Season the chicken thighs with kosher salt and black pepper. Put them in the skillet, skin facing down. Sear them until golden brown on both sides..
- Next, add around 1 cup of water and turn the heat down. Cover and let cook for around 15 minutes, or until a thermometer reads 165° F. Add more water as needed, do not let the liquid evaporate completely. Once they are done, take them out and reserve..
- Add the cayenne pepper, soy sauce and sugar to the skillet. Stir well and let it simmer until it thickens. If needed, you can add a little bit of water..
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with freshly chopped scallions or parsley. You can serve it over a rice pilaf or with baked or mashed potatoes..
That's how to make Sweet & Spicy Chicken Thighs Recipe.