The Recipe For Making Braised Chicken in Spicy Spinach Tomato Sauce.
You can make Braised Chicken in Spicy Spinach Tomato Sauce using 13 ingredients in 9 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Braised Chicken in Spicy Spinach Tomato Sauce
- Insert 1 1/2 cups of olive oil.
- Mix 2 of chicken breast.
- Insert 1 of large handful of spinach.
- Insert 4 of Roma tomatoes.
- Insert 1/2 of white onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Fill 1 of med banana pepper.
- Add to taste of salt.
- Prepare to taste of black pepper.
- Add 10 leaves of fresh oregano.
- Insert 1/4 tsp of dried oregano.
- Mix 1 pinch of sugar.
- Insert to taste of crushed red pepper (optional).
Easy Way To Make Braised Chicken in Spicy Spinach Tomato Sauce
- Rinse and roughly chop enough spinach for 2 people (I used a large handful) or however many people you intend to feed. Remember it shrinks drastically when cooked. Skin, core, and dice the tomatoes into large chunks (in half and then each half in thirds) and do not seed. Put in a mixing bowl separate from the spinach..
- Season each side of your chicken with salt, pepper, and dried oregano. Fill the bottom of a Sauté pan with olive oil (I used about 3/4 cup for an 8" pan).
- Fill the bottom of a Sauté pan with olive oil (I used about 3/4 cup for an 8" pan).
- Heat oil until water crackles in the hot oil. You can test this by wetting the tips of your fingers and flicking a tiny drop of water into the pan. (Too much water will send oil everywhere!) Place chicken into pan evenly and cook for about three minutes. Then flip and cook for about three more. Put on a small plate and then in the freezer for 5 min to cool..
- Add onion and garlic to the mixing bowl with the tomatoes. Cut off the top of the banana pepper and pull out the seeds. Sprinkle some of the seeds into the mixing bowl for added kick, otherwise throw them away. Slice the banana pepper and toss into the mixing bowl..
- Add salt and pepper to the mixing bowl, I used about 1 tsp salt, but keep in mind how salty you like your food. Same with pepper although I used only a pinch or two. Add dried crushed red pepper for added kick. Chop your fresh oregano (may substitute 1 tsp dried oregano) and add to the bowl as well..
- Add the rest of the olive oil to the bowl (about 1/2 to 3/4 cup) and mix thoroughly. Add to the pan the chicken was cooked in at a low temp and let simmer, stirring frequently..
- Take the chicken out of the freezer and slice. When the tomatoes start to cook down and turn into a sauce, add a pinch of sugar and stir in the slices of chicken. Then add the chopped spinach leaves. Stir frequently ad let simmer for 5 to 10 min..
- As long as your chicken slices are cooked all the way through (no pink or soft raw middle) and the spinach is soft and shrunk, and you are satisfied with your sauce, your dish is done! Serve over your favorite pasta or aside rice, or alone! Enjoy..
That's how to make Braised Chicken in Spicy Spinach Tomato Sauce Recipe.