The Recipe For Making Soto Ayam Lamongan / Indonesian Chicken Yellow Soup.
You can make Soto Ayam Lamongan / Indonesian Chicken Yellow Soup using 28 ingredients in 10 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Soto Ayam Lamongan / Indonesian Chicken Yellow Soup
- Mix of Ingredients A.
- Fill 1 of whole chicken (medium).
- Fill of Or you can use any type of chicken pieces but don't use boneless chicken.
- Add 1 of lemon or lime.
- Add of Salt.
- Fill of Ingredients B.
- Fill 8 cloves of garlic.
- Fill 1 of big onion or you can use a few pieces of shallots.
- Insert 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Fill 5 pcs of candlenuts.
- Insert 2 cm of size ginger (thumb width).
- Add 5 cm of size turmeric (finger width).
- Prepare of Vegetable oil or Sunflower oil.
- Add of (please don't use olive oil).
- Fill of Ingredients C.
- Prepare 4 cm of size Galangal.
- Fill 2 pcs of Lemongrass.
- Mix 15 pieces of Lime leaves.
- Add of Ingredients D.
- Prepare of Celery (1 or 2 sticks).
- Fill 1 of leek.
- Insert of Ingredients E.
- Add of Salt.
- Fill of Pepper.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- Mix of Koya or Prawn Crackers crumble.
- Insert 4 cloves of fried garlic.
- Fill 7 pcs of fried prawn crackers.
Quick Step To Make Soto Ayam Lamongan / Indonesian Chicken Yellow Soup
- Rub chicken with salt and lemon juice. Let it sit while you prepare the other ingredients..
- Blend all ingredients B until smooth..
- Boil some water in a huge pot which you will use to cook Soto, add all ingredients C. Do not put too much water, you can always add more during the cooking process. If you add too much in the beginning, you might end up with weak flavour of Soto..
- Rinse chicken with running warm water or pour hot water over the chicken..
- Put the chicken in the pot..
- Auté the blended Ingredients B until it becomes fragrant and the colour turns darker, the pale paste will turn to nice yellow colour..
- Add the cooked paste into the pot, and add half tbsp of salt. Simmer for 1 hour..
- Chop all ingredients D and add into the pot. Let it simmer again for another 15 minutes..
- Taste it before adding more salt and sugar, I don't usually add sugar because leek gives a lot of natural sweetness. You can add pepper if you like. Let Soto sit for half day to get stronger flavour..
- Koya is a type of condiment, originally from East Java. Slice garlic thinly and fry them until golden brown. Crush the fried garlic and fried prawn crackers until it becomes powder or crumble, add salt as you like..
That's how to make Soto Ayam Lamongan / Indonesian Chicken Yellow Soup Recipe.