The Recipe For Making Asian Style Orange Chicken with Spicy Sauteed Brocoli.
You can make Asian Style Orange Chicken with Spicy Sauteed Brocoli using 27 ingredients in 10 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Asian Style Orange Chicken with Spicy Sauteed Brocoli
- Fill of Orange Chicken.
- Prepare 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1/2 inch cubes).
- Add 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Add 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Insert 1 1/2 cup of water.
- Insert 2 tbsp of orange juice.
- Insert 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- Mix 1/3 cup of rice vinegar.
- Insert 2 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Insert 1 1/2 tbsp of orange zest.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Mix 2 clove of garlic (grated).
- Insert 1 tsp of fresh ginger root (grated).
- Add 2 tbsp of minced green onion.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Mix 2 tsp of corn starch.
- Fill 2 tbsp of water.
- Insert 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Add of Spicy Sauteed Brocoli.
- Prepare 1 lb of brocoli florets.
- Fill 3 clove of garlic.
- Insert 1 of whole habanero pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Insert 1 tbsp of water.
- Fill 1 of salt to taste.
Step By Step To Make Asian Style Orange Chicken with Spicy Sauteed Brocoli
- Pour 1 1/2 cups water, orange juice, lemon juice, rice vinegar, and soy sauce into a saucepan and set over medium-high heat. Stir in the orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, chopped onion, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and cool 10 to 15 minutes..
- Place the chicken pieces into a resealable plastic bag. When contents of saucepan have cooled, pour 1 cup of sauce into bag. Reserve the remaining sauce. Seal the bag, and refrigerate at least 2 hours..
- In another resealable plastic bag, mix the flour, salt, and pepper. Add the marinated chicken pieces, seal the bag, and shake to coat..
- Heat both oils in a large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken into the skillet, and brown on all sides. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels, and cover..
- Wipe out the skillet, and add the reserved sauce. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Whisk together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water; stir into the sauce. Reduce heat to medium low, add the chicken pieces, and simmer, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Corsely chop the garlic clove. Remove seeds for the habanero pepper and corsely chop. Crush together the garlic and habanero thoroughly..
- Heat oil in skillet and fry crushed garlic and habanero until the edges of the garlic begins to get brown. Add the brocoli and stir, add water, salt and cover. Let simmer until tender..
- Serve with Asian style sticky rice and enjoy..
- Be careful when frying garlic and hananero as the aroma is very pungent..
- If you are not use to spicey food begin with only 1/2 or 1/4 of an habanero. I am from Belize and we are use to very spicy foods..
That's how to make Asian Style Orange Chicken with Spicy Sauteed Brocoli Recipe.