The Recipe For Making Spicy asian chicken rendang.
You can make Spicy asian chicken rendang using 17 ingredients in 6 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Spicy asian chicken rendang
- Fill 2 of whole chicken (cut into 12pieces each chicken).
- Mix 5 piece of onions.
- Mix 4 clove of garlic.
- Fill 2 of thumbs size ginger.
- Prepare 2 of thumbs size blue ginger or galangal).
- Mix 1 of thumb size yellow ginger.
- Insert 2 stalk of lemongrass (choped to blend).
- Insert 2 tbsp of chili paste.
- Fill 2 stalk of lemongrass.
- Prepare 5 of lime leaves (kaffir leaves).
- Add 2 of tumeric leaves.
- Add 1 tbsp of tamarind sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar (or lesser).
- Add 1 of salt.
- Fill 500 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 3 packages of roasted coconut paste.
- Mix 1/2 cup of cooking oil.
Step By Step To Make Spicy asian chicken rendang
- Blend all the ingredients below to make the spices paste (rempah).
- Heat 1/2 cup of Oil to saute all the blended ingredients and chili paste until it sufficiently cooked, allowing the oil to separate and float about the other ingredients, forming two distinct layers. That is when one knows that the rempah is almost ready, as it darkens considerably and begins to glisten..
- Mix chicken with the rempah paste. Continue to cook until the chicken skin begins to brown slightly..
- Coconut milk is then added, and together with it the kaffir lime leaves, tumeric leaves, lemongrass. Crushing or ripping the leaves help to release the aroma from the leaves. Everything is stirred thoroughly before being allowed to simmer, without the lid so as to allow the sauce to darken as well as thicken..
- Add coconut paste and stir well to incorporate into rendang gravy. Taste and adjust with salt, sugar, tamarind sauce accordingly.Continue to heat for another 10-20 min until low heat until the chicken is nicely tender and the gravy is thick and reduced..
That's how to make Spicy asian chicken rendang Recipe.